Why won't my courses load on my laptop but will on my phone app?

Jump to solution
kgaia
Community Novice

Nothing on my canvas will load on my safari browser. I can log in with no problems but the courses, grades, assignments, etc won't load anything. However, on my phone app everything works just fine. Could this be canvas not being compatible with the Safari browser? 

1 Solution
rmurchshafer
Community Champion

Kit,

I've never heard of this issue before but it could be browser compatibility related.  Canvas supports the two most recent versions of the major web browsers; including Safari. Supported Web Browsers  But since Safari is built in to the MacOS it only updates to a current version if you are also keeping your computer OS up to date.  In order to running a supported version of Safari you'd need have MacOS 10.12 (Sierra) or newer. 

Another issue could be an extension or add on to the browser which is blocking something.  While I've never seen this example I have seen things like ad blockers or certain "security" extensions hide things on web pages making them invisible to the user.  Here is a page with more information about managing extensions in Safari Get extensions to customize Safari on Mac - Apple Support 

If neither of those help you might try a different web browser.  Especially if keeping your Mac OS up to date is an issue, I suggest using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.  Both of those browsers typically will auto update to current versions regardless of what version you operating system currently is.  I'm a Mac user by Chrome is my browser of choice for this reason and a few others as well.  

Hope this helps,

Rick

View solution in original post