Mac OS Catalina Upgrade okay to install now?

Jump to solution
mburich
Community Novice

Is there any update to updating to Mac OS Catalina software upgrade? I got the warning on screen a month ago recommending to hold off on the download. But the warning is now gone, does that mean we are good to go for the upgrade on our Apple computers?

Thank you in advance for the reply.

Monty

1 Solution
rmurchshafer
Community Champion

I updated to Catalina the day it was released and have had no problems using Canvas with it.  As far as I know there are no issues related to Canvas with Catalina.  It might have been a message put up by your school regarding compatibility.  My school put up a similar message (which I ignored) because they wanted people to wait until their school's antivirus software and possibly a few others had a chance to be Catalina compatible.  

Having said that; i just looked back at some other notes and when Catalina first came out there were some people reporting weird issues with Canvas.  I never heard anything for sure, but the common thread seemed to be people who had updated to Catalina AND use Safari as a web browser.  I don't believe Chrome or Firefox users had any issues.

Rick

View solution in original post