Why is one of my online courses missing from my dashboard it was there and now is gone how do I get that back on dashboard?

Jump to solution
johnsona16
Community Novice

I need it for my class starting soon, it was there like 5 minutes ago and now gone.

1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good morning,  @johnsona16  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Happy New Year!  Thank you for posting your question.  Have you checked your "All Courses" screen when you are logged in to your Canvas account?  How do I view all my Canvas courses as a student?  If you see your course listed somewhere on that screen, look at the "Published" column.  Does the course indicate a "Yes" or a "No"?  If the course is not published, then the instructor has not made the course available to you and your students yet.  If the course is published, you may be able to access the course...depending on the start/end dates that have been established for the course.

Another thing to check on your "All Courses" screen is if you have a yellow star next to the course name.  This is how you can "favorite" a course to place it on your Canvas Dashboard.  You can find more information in How do I customize my Courses list as a student?.

Finally, if you do not see your course listed at all on your "All Courses" screen, I would highly recommend that you reach out to your school's local Canvas administrator or Online Learning department to see what the issue may be.  We here in the Canvas Community wouldn't be able to help with this part because we do not have access to your school's Canvas environment or your course(s) in question.  I found this page on your school's website that may be of help: IECC | Online Learning - Online Learning/Distance Education at IECC.

Good luck to you, Amber!  Please let us know if you have any additional questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post