Migrating Sakai and setting up new course in canvas

Jump to solution
no76
Community Novice

1) How do I migrate  my Sakai courses to Canvas. I had requested this migration  but do not see the courses in Canvas.

The courses for which I am the instructor are 16:958:534ADVANCED STATISTICS FOR RISK MANAGEMENT PRACTICE in the Spring semesters and 16:958:590 Foundations of Financial Statistics & Risk Management  16:958:536 Advanced Risk Evaluation and Management in the fall semesters.

2) How do I set up a new course in Canvas....a research discussion colliquim which is not on the official university schedule of classes:

If there are guides, please refer me to them.

regards

Neville O'Reilly

Associate Director, FSRM and MSDS MS programs

noreilly@stat.rutgers.edu

(732)343 0248

1 Solution
kmeeusen
Community Champion

Hi  @no76  

This is a global community of Canvas users, rather than the support department for your school, so your specific course information is really rather meaningless to us. Still I will try to help you in a general way. For more specific information and support, you will need to to contact whomever at Rutgers is responsible for Canvas administration and support.  I did find the Education Technology webpage for Rutgers, and there is contact information for support on that page.

I also located some Sakai resource in this community that your can check out...............

I also noted your last question about setting up a course which is not in the official schedule at Rutgers. If your school permits faculty to do so, this guide will show you how to create a new course shell in Canvas https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12819-415241327 

Good luck with all of this,

Kelley

View solution in original post