Poorly Written/ Non-Discussed Quiz Questions

congdon_ben
Community Novice

I have noticed that on occasion, the curriculum quizzes we take after many lessons ask questions that are either phrased poorly so as to be confusing (and sometimes not reflective of the material) or ask about something that has not even been covered. This isn't the norm, and the few times I noticed it in the past, it was minor, so I didn't bother to mention it. However the quiz I just took (TTL 500-lesson 2 quiz) was particularly bad in my opinion. 

Question #1 asks, "According to the National Youth Violence Prevention Resource Center, how many students have contemplated committing suicide each year?" with the answer being "1 in 5". No doubt this is an important statistic, however in reading back over the lesson and even the additional material found in the linked article, which we were not directed to read, I can find no mention of that statistic. 

Question #2 has more of an issue with format than content. It asks, "One thing became quite clear after the Columbine Massacre, that schools needed to start:" and the correct answer was three of the four choices. The problem is that as currently worded the question expressly directs the student that there is only one correct answer. The correct answers were mentioned in the lesson this time, however if the quiz is going to copy and paste lesson text for a multiple answer question, it should have at least included the usual "select all that apply" to avoid confusion.

Question #6 runs into a problem partially because, like question #2, it basically copy and pasted text from the lesson for the question. It asks, "As a classroom teacher, it is important to not judge all behavioral issues as mental health issues. However, it is important to:" There are 3 different answers and a fourth "all of the above" answer available. In this paragraph in the lesson, all three answers are listed back to back, word for word, as important tools for a teacher when dealing with this situation. However the quiz marks the "all of the above" answer as incorrect. I've read over the material several times, and the only reason I can think of why the "correct" answer was chosen was because it was listed first in the paragraph. Regardless, at best it is a poorly constructed question and, in my opinion, incorrectly graded. 
I'll attach an image of the section in the lesson and the quiz question so you can compare. Let me know if you think I am off-base with any of these concerns or if I missed something in the lesson. Thanks!