REALITY v. WANT v. IRONY - Group Set Export

Jump to solution
richardgc
Community Explorer

336305_Screen Shot 2020-01-24 at 5.55.13 PM.png

So, for about 1.5 hrs I have been trying to figure out how to see the names of my 10 groups. Yes, I manually, manipulated the names into the groups (note: not efficient). Then, I logged onto this site and there was this really nice data set with all of the member's point values and who has been key to keeping the community decentralized.

Then it hit me - the irony, that is. If you look at the right of the "USER LEADERBOARD" title you notice the option to download the CSV for the leaderboard. But, hey that is useful for some I am sure.

I am not sure if anyone else finds it ironic that we can download the CSV for the leaderboard, but still cannot download, print, or even view (to help screenshot) our Groups in Canvas.

Maybe I am missing something?! Maybe I am off in my observation?! Either way, I welcome the comments, feedback, and critique of my post.

Respectfully,

Dr. Rich Curtis

PS - long live the interrobang?!

1 Solution
kona
Community Champion

@richardgc , greetings! I believe what you are wanting is the ability to download and/or print groups in Canvas. There isn't a built-in way to do this, but I've used the following to do this and it works pretty good - Automated report of group sets, groups and members in a course 

Also, to close the loop, here is the feature idea for this to be integrated into Canvas - https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/5821-group-roster-export - I recommend voting and commenting on it. 

Hope this helps, Kona

View solution in original post