Assignment lost due to class switching

Jump to solution
Community Novice

I was in AP and we switched to Honors but my teacher didn't save any of my work and the specific assignment she is grading I don't have because I did the text through canvas and I no longer have access to my used to be AP course. I there any way I can retrieve or my teacher can view my old course work?

1 Solution
kblack
Community Champion

Hi  @0607162798  Welcome to the Canvas Community. Sorry to hear this happened to you!  My main recommendation is to head to your local Canvas/IT support center staff as soon as possible.  (I checked the Broward Schools web site, but it seems that each school within it has their own support information.)  A few things can happen depending on some other factors.  But basically, assignments are never "removed" from Canvas; in theory, if they re-enroll you in the Canvas course site where you submitted your work originally, it will come back along with your re-enrollment and all previous submissions in that class, where you (or a support staff or the faculty member) can see it. 

If that fails, they can file a case with Canvas directly.  But my general experience as a Canvas administrator myself is that re-enrolling you in the original class should do the trick.  Once it's available again, perhaps the original instructor or you can copy/paste it, since you mention it was completed using the Canvas rich content editor.  (If it were a file upload, it would be in your own Files area of Canvas in a Submissions folder.)

I hope this helps a bit, Daniel. (And good luck in your studies!)

View solution in original post