Turnitin

Jump to solution
jc1866
Community Novice

As an instructor, how do I run a student submission through Turnitin?

0 Likes
2 Solutions
kblack
Community Champion

Hi  @jc1866  Welcome to the Canvas Community. Assuming you are talking about using Canvas' integration with Turnitin, you cannot.  This comes up from time to time, I imagine, at almost every institution that uses Turnitin within Canvas, so my first recommendation is to check with your local Canvas support.  Sometimes they may have a course site set up just for this circumstance where they can either enroll your student or you to upload a submission.  Another possibility is if you have your own access to Turnitin.com or if your institution has one, then the student submission can be uploaded that way. 

But the bottom line is that within Canvas, at least, any similarity check through Turnitin must be done when the assignment is created. There is really no way to do a check after the fact.

Hope this helps a bit, John.

View solution in original post

Hi @jc1866,

It’s Maryna, Community Manager from Turnitin. First of all, you should check with your Canvas administrator or IT staff of your school whether your institution is licensed to use Turnitin. 

Here you can find the detailed step-by-step guides (for Admins, Instructors, and Students) on how to create an assignment, submit papers, access and interpret the Similarity Report, change the settings, etc. 

If you have any other Turnitin-related questions, please visit our new help center: https://supportcenter.turnitin.com/s/ or email us at tiisupport@turnitin.com.

Our team will be glad to assist you.

View solution in original post