Links Validator

Jump to solution
shelley_millhou
Community Novice

What can I do when the Course Links Validator says links are unreachable and I have deleted them or they do work ?

Shelley Millhouse

Manager Gifted and Highly Able

Inclusion and Diversity Services

Mob: 0427 610 338

shelley.millhouse@education.tas.gov.au<mailto:shelley.millhouse@education.tas.gov.au>

I acknowledge and pay respect to the Tasmanian Aboriginal Community as the traditional and original owners of lutruwita/trowunna (Tasmania) and as the enduring custodians of the lands, seas, air and waterways. I pay respect to Elders past and present.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE AND DISCLAIMER

The information in this transmission may be confidential and/or protected by legal professional privilege, and is intended only for the person or persons to whom it is addressed. If you are not such a person, you are warned that any disclosure, copying or dissemination of the information is unauthorised. If you have received the transmission in error, please immediately contact this office by telephone, fax or email, to inform us of the error and to enable arrangements to be made for the destruction of the transmission, or its return at our cost. No liability is accepted for any unauthorised use of the information contained in this transmission.

P Please consider the environment. Do you really need to print this email?

0 Likes
1 Solution
valentinesking
Community Coach
Community Coach

Howdy  @shelley_millhou ‌,

Hope all is well. Thanks for sharing your question; it's a good one!

Just because the link validator says a link is unreachable- doesn't mean that it is not working. Most LinkedIn and YouTube videos which links are just fine will come back and say they are unreachable. Test them and if you can access them, carry on!

How do I validate links in a course?  

Once you check your links and everything is good- I would suggest setting up the content link error notification set to "immediately." That will give you an idea if students are clicking on a link and it's unpublished, non-existent or broken.

https://community.canvaslms.com/groups/higher-ed/blog/2019/06/12/get-notified-right-away-about-a-cou... 

Hope that helps,

Sky V. King

View solution in original post

0 Likes