Google Assignment submission doesn't satisfy the module requirement of "submit the assignment."

gfluckiger
Community Novice

I have an assignment that students submit through an external tool, Google Assignment.  Here is a screenshot of its settings.

343274_pastedImage_1.png

This assignment exists in a module where students have to work through the module items in sequential order to progress to the next module item.  The assignment has the requirement that students must submit the assignment in order to progress to the next item, as shown below.

343275_pastedImage_2.png

Students who have submitted the assignment through Google Assignment report that the next module item is still locked because Canvas is not recognizing that they have submitted the assignment.  I have confirmed that the people who have reported this error have indeed submitted the assignment to Google Assignment, though I have not opened or graded it.

What am I missing?  Is this a known incompatibility?  Is this there a work-around that doesn't sacrifice the control I have with the module requirements?

0 Likes