Forming a Group

Jump to solution
cbarrett
Community Novice

how do I make a "group" or at least add my school to the current group list

1 Solution

Hi cbarrett, thanks for the additional information!  There are a couple of ways you can do this.  If you have rights to add teachers to your course, then you can do this in the People's tab of a course.  This would allow them to copy the material into their other courses.  This is a good approach if there is collaborative work on the assignments and a relatively small number of individuals.  We do run into situations where we want large numbers of individuals enrolled in a course and I work with our IT department to do this.

However, the approach we prefer is to use the Canvas Commons (What is Canvas Commons?).  One individual will share the material to the Commons either publicly or to just our institution, and then everyone else can download this into their courses.  Here is the Canvas Guide index for all the Commons documents if you are interested, https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10460-canvas-instructor-guide-table-of-contents#jive_conten... .  Some institutions do not use the Commons.  Do you know if you have access to the Commons or if this may be an option?

Best wishes! 

View solution in original post

0 Likes