On-lining exam cheating prevention

Jump to solution
rskurtz
Community Novice

Is there a relatively easy way to make sure students do not cheat on an on-line exam. I know enforcing time limits is one way, but I am concerned that students may have connectivity issues. This is not the way the course was originally taught, we went to on on-line format because the university closed campus. I will shuffle questions and answers. Does canvas have any software. Thanks

1 Solution
Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

@rskurtz 

Thanks for the question.

There are some settings that help with academic integrity in test taking, but Canvas does not have any proctoring or lockdown services.  It sounds like you've found a few of those options.  The proctoring exams in canvas discussion mentions a few resources as well.

Using Zoom to remote proctor an exam is a solution that one of our Community members recently brainstormed. It may give you some ideas?

Honestly, exams that work in the face-to-face environment do not always translate well to the online environment.  That's not to say it's impossible.  I found that more qualitative and ongoing assessments worked well to measure student learning and lesson concerns of cheating.  

View solution in original post