Notification for quiz

Jump to solution
merculief_there
Community Novice

I received a notification from a student that they completed a quiz. When I click on to see their score, it is saying access denied, you don't have access to view this resource. Can someone help me. Is it because I cross listed my classes? How do I set it up so I can see the score that kids get on their quizzes? 

Thanks!

Theresa Merculief

1 Solution
kblack
Community Champion

Hi  @merculief_there  Welcome to the Canvas Community, and that is a very good self-diagnosis of the issue that may be causing this, though it's somewhat unusual for an instructor.  And this is happening in SpeedGrader?  Offhand, I would have to guess that before the cross-listing you were not the instructor of the cross-listed class(????), though then you should not have been able to do the cross-listing.  While you can de-crosslist, I do NOT recommend this under any circumstances on a "live" class site, because Bad Things Can Happen, as noted at the very top of the instructions for doing this, not the least of which is that the student's quiz attempt can very well be removed. 

You may need to elevate this either to your institution's in-house support to check or to Canvas directly (Help>>Report a Problem).  This is pretty hard to trouble-shoot remotely, I'm afraid.

View solution in original post