Anonymous Instructor Annotations in SpeedGrader

Jump to solution
grantg
Community Novice

How do I turn on the Anonymous Instructor Annotations in speedgrader?

0 Likes
1 Solution
kblack
Community Champion

Hi  @grantg  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  This could be a two-step process, depending on how your institution has set up this specific feature.  At some institutions, this feature could be automatically enabled for everyone; at others, it may be an "opt-in" feature that you first have to enable for your course.

First, EDIT your assignment, and if it's enabled at your institution you will see a checkbox labelled Enable Anonymous Instructor Annotations, as seen under that heading on this online lesson:  How do I add or edit details in an assignment?  (And before you ask, yes...you CAN do this at any time, even after the due date and submissions are in.) If you do NOT see that checkbox, see if it's a feature option at your institution by clicking the Settings menu item and then the Feature Options tab, where you should see a listing for Anonymous Instructor Annotations.  After you turn that feature ON, then you can edit the assignment and enable that checkbox.  For the record, students will see the word "Grader" on the comments in the place where they usually would see your name.

I hope this helps, Gina.  Stay safe and stay healthy!

View solution in original post

0 Likes