I can't upload or record a video in Canvas with my smartphone but I cant with a laptop. Why?

Jump to solution
patrick_clark
Community Novice

I have some students that cannot upload a video or use Canvas to record themselves with their smartphone. I've done some troubleshooting and this is what I've found. Using both my school and home wifi, I've found that my laptop has no problem recording. I can both upload video files directly into canvas and use Canvas to record myself. However, as soon as I try and use my smartphone (android), it says Check your internet connection and try again. I switched to my laptop and again, it has no problems. It only seems to have issues with the smartphone. It was only a few seconds of video, less than 5 MB. Any explanation as to why? is it an app issue vs the website?

0 Likes
1 Solution
rseilham
Community Champion

@patrick_clark ‌,

File upload issues can be tricky and sometimes it's just specific to a device, internet connection, file format, size, length, etc. I generally suggest the following: 

1. Switch the cellular and try it again to see if the app isn't working with your wifi. 
    1. This doesn't solve the issue but is good for troubleshooting. 
  2. Make sure you are on the latest version of the Canvas Student app
  3. Uninstall and reinstall the app

If all fail, my only suggestion is to report the issue to Canvas through the app using in the Help section with Report a Problemhttps://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-13663-18555199459 

Hope this helps. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes