Used /undelete and still could not find deleted content

Jump to solution
lizaida_roche
Community Novice

I recently copied my created assignments to another Canvas course that I keep as a master and also deleted them from the original course and now I cannot find them anywhere. I tried the /undelete but they were not there. Is there anything else I could do to find them?

1 Solution
kblack
Community Champion

Hi  @lizaida_roche  Welcome to the Canvas Community, and I think all of us can share your experience at some point or another.  If the /undelete command did not work--and frankly, that in itself is concerning because it should have yielded something--depending on the timing of all of this, I recommend you first check your Beta installation by following these instructions:  How do I access the Canvas beta environment as an instructor?  .  The Beta installation is refreshed every weekend, so if the material was there as of Saturday/Sunday, you should be able to find it there.  (There is also the Test installation, but that would be about 2 weeks old at this point in time, though that can be Plan B.)

If you DO find the material in Beta, you might want to simply export it (see How do I export a Canvas course? ) and then import it into your "live" course site.  (See How do I import a Canvas course export package? )  OR, contact your local Canvas administrator for some help.   If none of the above works, Canvas Support (Help>>Report a Problem) can do some pretty incredible things with deleted items.

I hope this helps a bit, Lizaida.  Good luck!  Stay safe!

View solution in original post