Enviroment check in Respondus is missing

Jump to solution
ericav_evie
Community Novice

Does anyone know if they have found that when going through the "checks", in Respondus Lock Down Browser, the environment check  tab is missing.  This is the second test I have taken where I am not prompted to use my computer to scan my environment.  I didn't know what to do so when the test started and prior to answering the questions, I scanned the area I was in hoping it was recording it.

The ID tab is not present and the environment check is not present.

I downloaded the newest version, from the the schools website, to a new laptop.  I can find information that indicates previous versions have a hanging environment check as the result of the McAffee True Key being on their computer but that was a few years old.  I do have a free McAfee LiveSafe on it that  came with the laptop but do not see any info at the Respondus site indicating it is a problem with the new software.

I really need to resolve this for school.

0 Likes
1 Solution
kmeeusen
Community Champion

Hi @ericav_evie 

I suspect you are asking as a student. The answer is easy............... your teachers can chose to enable the Respondus Monitor feature for a quiz, or choose to not enable it. Monitor is the app that requires environmental and ID checks. Your teacher may not have enabled this because some of your classmates lack the technology (a web cam) to make it work equitably for everyone. See image below of your teacher's settings.

kmeeusen_0-1615217309361.png

I hope this helps,

Kelley

View solution in original post

0 Likes