Why does Canvas sometimes release quiz answers even when I unchecked "Let Students See The Correct Answers"?

Jump to solution
vanderwp
Community Novice

I ran four quizzes over the past week and always unchecked the box for "Let Students See The Correct Answers".  And so far as I know, no one saw the answers until I published the grades.  Today I ran two more, and after each one I was deluged with emails asking about specific questions and why they were graded the way they were.  Some students wanted explanations for their low total scores, since they didn't realize that their scores are not completed since some of the questions have to be graded by hand later.  I confirmed with some of them that they could see the correct answers and grading right after today's quizzes, but could not with previous quizzes.  I double-checked the settings on today's quizzes, and they still showed no checked box alongside "Let Students See The Correct Answers".  How can this be happening, and how can I prevent it in the future?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

From what you described  @vanderwp , it sounds like you are using the correct settings.  Double check with the following guide just be sure! What options can I set in a quiz?  

If this continues to happen you may want to leverage How do I use posting policies in a course? for grade release control and use the help menu on the left hand side of Canvas to "report a problem" and alert our support team so they can investigate if something happened to the feature.

View solution in original post

0 Likes