nicki_alori
Community Explorer

Hi everyone,

This is my first post, I hope I'm in the right area 🙂

We would like to change the word "Modules" at the top to "Resources and Quizzes" as well as the words for some of the other navigation.

345257_Appsreenshot.png

Does anyone know if this is possible please?

And if so -- how to inspect the app to determine the appropriate javascript selector?

Thank you kindly 🙂

Nicki

0 Likes
1 Solution
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi Nicki ~

The term Module is used within Canvas mobile and the browser interface. It's not something that can easily be renamed, but some custom CSS would do it. That would also be the case for other parts of the navigation within Canvas.

My instinct is to encourage you to leave it as it comes from Instructure as it matches all of the Guides, Lessons, and Release Notes. It would also help anyone from Canvas Support, as they know exactly what and where to look for things, rather than first having to determine what things have been renamed.

You aren't the only one who is wondering about this. Here's a Feature Idea that is currently open! Feel free to vote and add to the discussion. 

https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/15659-allow-instructors-to-rename-course-navigation-items?sr=s... 

View solution in original post

0 Likes