Blueprint Course Creation Problems

Jump to solution
jones_n
Community Novice

I'm having troubles with creating courses off of blueprints. I have all the courses I want to create in a .csv file, I upload it into the SIS Import area. It runs and completes the process but I get the following error...

Cannot associate course "the Course Code" - is not in the same or lower account as the blueprint course

In the past I've done the same process(es) and it's worked fine. All I have changed is the term_id in the .csv file to reflect our new term. Thanks for any help I can get.

1 Solution
jones_n
Community Novice
Author

Thanks for your feedback. I ended up submitting a ticket to Canvas with the files that I was using. It ended up at level 2 Canvas Support. Below is the response that I got back.

"I noticed the account_id's appear to be the blueprint course ID's, instead of actual account_id's. If you run a provisioning report for accounts and verify which accounts you are wanting these courses to be in, does the SIS import for these two files work correctly for you at that point? The account_id's can be found by running a provisioning report for accounts from the reports page."

He was correct, I was using the blueprint id's in the account_id column. I had been doing it that way for months and never had any problems, courses created just fine. So I changed the account_id column to be what the actual sub account of where I wanted the courses to be created in and it worked without any problems. An update that Canvas did must of changed what's needed in that column.

View solution in original post

0 Likes