1. I'd like to be able to provide a financial statement and then ask several multiple choice questions about it in Canvas Quizzing. I don't see a way to provide common information for multiple questions this way. How is this done?
2. Assuming you can construct a selection of questions that depend on common information in this way, then is there a way to do this within a question bank so I can have, say, 5 different versions of say 3 questions that depend on common data for the 3 questions, but this common data differs for the 5 versions?
To make this clear, suppose I want 3 different questions to depend on this income statement and balance sheet:
LMS, Inc. Financial statements. I want this to be part of a bigger test, so I don't want to put it in the Instructions section because I may have several different types of questions like this:
Sales xxxx xxxx
Cost of goods sold xxx xxxx
Selling general and admin exp. xxx
Fixed assets xxx
1. Calculate free cash flow for LMS, Inc.
2. Calculate inventory turnover for LMS, Inc.
3. Calculate ROE for LMS, Inc.
What I'd like to do is create 5 or so different versions of this 3-question block and have Canvas give each student 1 of the 5 different versions of this common block when it constructs the (larger) test. So like a question group linked to a question bank, but my understanding of a question bank is that it has a bunch of individual questions--not a group of questions linked to a common set of data.