Internal links to scheduled Zoom meetings?

Jump to solution
gaustin
Community Novice

Hello everyone. There's probably an easy answer to this:

Is there a way to link from a Page (or Discussion, etc.) to a scheduled Zoom meeting under the Zoom tab?

So, for instance, I've set up my first morning of material like this:

346483_Screen Shot 2020-05-01 at 8.31.43 am.png

It's easy to do internal links to subject materials and to other Pages or Discussions, etc. (See, e.g., 9.10 a.m., where there is a link to another Page  - Module Overview.)  But I can't seem to find an easy way to link directly to the Zoom meetings: e.g., at  - 9.00 a.m., 9.30 a.m. etc (which are scheduled already, and all appear under the "Zoom" tab in the subject).  

Any help gratefully received.

Many thanks,

Graeme

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @gaustin ...

When you schedule your Zoom meetings, a Zoom URL should be automatically generated that looks similar to this (NOT an actual Zoom meeting room --> https://zoom.us/j/12345...)  The Zoom Meeting ID would have the same number that is at the end of the URL.  You can provide that link in your content page in your Canvas course.  How do I create a hyperlink in the Rich Content Editor as an instructor?

I'm not sure how you may have Zoom integrated within your school's Canvas environment, but if your school's local Canvas administrators have installed the Zoom LTI Pro app to integrate with Canvas, one of the nice features is that it can be set up to automatically send out a message to the students in your course via the Canvas Inbox once the meeting is scheduled in the Zoom LTI Pro interface.  That message includes the details of your meeting including the meeting name, the date/time, and a link to the meeting.  The Zoom LTI Pro app can also be configured to add that meeting to your Canvas Calendar.

I hope this information will be of help to you, Graeme.  Please let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!  Be well, and stay safe!

View solution in original post

0 Likes