A bug when I try to create a New Quiz?

Jump to solution
karin_molander_
Community Participant

I tried to create a New Quiz and the settings look like this: it is impossible to choose anything but External tool, but  External tool is also not available... I guess this is a bug? 

2020-05-02_18-38-30 

1 Solution

Hi  @karin_molander_ ...

While I cannot speak for Instructure (I work at a Technical College in Wisconsin), here is my educated guess...  New Quizzes is technically a LTI tool (external app) developed by Instructure.  Normally, when you create a new assignment, you have the option of choosing an external tool that has been installed to either your school's Canvas account or to your individual course.  This external tool could be something like Turnitin (for plagiarism checking) or a whole host of other third-party tools.  When you create a New Quiz, it's using the "Assignments" interface to input the details, and the assignment needs to know that it's going to use the New Quizzes LTI tool as the external tool.  That is why it is grayed out and not selectable.  Again, a bit of speculation on my part, but hopefully that will help a bit.

View solution in original post

0 Likes