AnsweredAssumed Answered

Quiz preview going berserk?

Question asked by Ryan Cook on May 4, 2020
Latest reply on May 4, 2020 by chofer@morainepark.edu

I spent the afternoon carefully building an exam in the "quizzes" tool, but when I preview it various elements do not correspond to what I intended. For example, I gave names to each of my individual questions, grouping and numbering them by section, but in the preview view Canvas dumps my headers and renumbers everything 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, etc. That's not ideal, but it's not a huge problem.

The bigger problem is that I created a question group to handle a section of essay questions in which I want students to choose three of four questions to which to respond. Maybe I don't understand how question groups work, but I had arranged and labeled everything neatly in the edit view, but preview not only erases my headings (as above); it also scrambles the order and drops questions. The order even seems to be rescrambled when I exit the preview view and go back into edit. Are these glitches (especially the question group issues), or am I misunderstanding how quizzes, or the preview function, work?

Outcomes