UGH, I don't even know where to start . . .
So, I copied a quiz to the same class so that I could take an exam and it down to 2 quizzes.
I copied, then opened up the copy, and began editing it. Renamed it, rewrote it, then assigned it.
A week later, I went to work on the second quiz, so I again, recopied the original exam.
Suddenly, the edited version that I'd already assigned - and some students had completed - reverted back to its original state - same title, none of the editing present.
I opened up the SpeedGrader to see what showed up in the student's who'd completed it - I found the edited quiz on some, the original in others.
I spent A LOT of time building the edited quiz and am now in complete freak out mode - not to mention that students are going to be extremely confused as the assignment has changed DRAMATICALLY while they are in the middle of working on it.