Text Box Entry Problems

Jump to solution
samueltan
Community Novice

Dear Canvas Team,

I have a suggestion and question for text box entry submissions. Earlier today, I was doing an English short-answer question when I took a break to use the restroom and eat breakfast. I wasn't gone for too long, and Canvas logged me out when I clicked submit. The problem was my text I had typed had been deleted. I noticed that text box entries will be deleted if you refresh or log out. Is it possible to add a save or autosave feature similar to google docs or Microsoft word when you type? That way I could refresh the page or go back to an answer in the progress of being finished.

Thank you,

Sam Tan

0 Likes
1 Solution
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hi, samueltan Welcome to the Canvas Community! The New Rich Content Editor (RCE) includes an autosave feature, and that's described in more detail starting with the View Auto-Saved Content section near the bottom of How do I add and modify text in the New Rich Content Editor as a student?  If your school hasn't yet enabled the New RCE, please ask the local Canvas admin or eLearning department for your organization for additional guidance.

View solution in original post

0 Likes