AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to prevent students from seeing images from a quiz?

Question asked by Codrin Mironiuc on May 17, 2020
Latest reply on May 17, 2020 by Rick Murch-Shafer

Hello!

I have created a quiz. For some of the questions, I want to manually add a picture to the question from my laptop. More specifically, when I edit the quiz, I go to the "Questions" section and manually edit the questions for which I want to include a picture.

I was wondering if there is a way to include a picture without uploading it to the course content. Just like copy-pasting it to the relevant question, without any uploading; copy-pasting it to me did not work.

Alternatively, if a picture needs to first be manually uploaded to Canvas before including it in one question: if the picture is uploaded in the "Course files" section, and the "Files" section is not available for students to see, they should not be able to see the picture, would this be correct? Is there a folder that is surely hidden from students where pictures can reliably be uploaded and used in Quizzes for which the instructor would know for sure that the students do not have access to? 

Just to clarify matters, what I mean by not having access to is not being able to access the image outside of actually taking the Quiz.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance!

Outcomes