Is there a way to add questions from already created quizzes to a question bank?

Jump to solution
difeboe
Community Member

I just recently discovered question banks but I have dozens of quizzes already made. I'd like to go back and add those quiz questions to a bank from which I can draw questions for the final exam. Is this possible or would I have to retype the questions from scratch into the bank?

1 Solution
rmurchshafer
Community Champion

Emily,

Check in the course for a question bank named "Unfiled questions".  Typically when you create questions in Canvas it will add them to that question bank by default.  From there you should be able to move or copy them into any other question bank you want.

If you don't see that there is still one more option.  In your course go to Settings, Export Course Content.  Select Quiz and then select the quiz to export. Download the file.  Now in your course go to Settings, Import Course Content.  For Content Type select QTI.zip file.  Select the file you exported and import it into the course.  This will create another copy of the quiz, but it also will create a Question bank containing the questions from that quiz.

Rick

View solution in original post

0 Likes