How to download a video that was recorded on Canvas?

Jump to solution
kendra2024
Community Novice

Hello, How do I download a video that was recorded on canvas? My son did a really neat video book report that I'd like to share with family but can't seem to figure out how to get it off Canvas.

Please advise. 

Thank you,

Kendra

0 Likes
3 Solutions
Bobby2
Community Champion

Hi  @kendra2024  Thank You for your question. I have read that if you start the video then right click on it you will then be able to save it. 

A good trick to know.

AND good on your son for doing such a great job!

View solution in original post

sharked
Community Novice

I have the same question.  I have dozens of videos stored in Studio and I can't figure out how to download the video file back to my desktop.  The suggestion above to "right-click" on the video while it's playing does not work on my Mac.

0 Likes

Hello there, @sharked ...

Within Canvas Studio, you can only download videos if they are original content that was uploaded to your Studio library.  Studio does not allow you to download videos that you've added to your Studio Library from YouTube (downloading videos from YouTube goes against their Terms of Service).  In order to download an original video that you've previously uploaded to Studio, you should be able to click on the video in your Studio library.  Then, on the upper right-hand side of your screen, there is a three-dot kebab icon with options for "Share", "Download", and "Delete".  (You can see what these icons look like within the "Delete Media" section of How do I delete media in Canvas Studio? - Canvas Community.)  The "Download" icon should download your video as a *.mp4 video.

I hope this information will be of some help to you.  Sing out if you have any other questions about this...thanks!  Take care, stay safe, and be well.

0 Likes