undo a course import?

Jump to solution
kklyczek
Community Novice

Is it possible to revert to a previous version of a course? I was trying to import a page from another course and apparently all of the course pages were overwritten.

1 Solution
ericwerth
Community Explorer

Hi kklyczek  This question comes up fairly frequently.  awilliams responded to a similar question here,

Is there any way to undo a course import? so rather than answering again I suggest your check our his reply.  You may also be interested in reading the responses to this feature idea and voting it up, https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/10510-import-course-content-should-always-be-non-destructive" ....  My personal experience is that content is normally added to a course and not overwritten, but we have seen the syllabus tab overwritten and it sounds like in some situations others have had other content overwritten by a course import as well.

It would be nice to see an undo import option or as the feature idea states, at least make sure that no content is overwritten.  Depending on how much the content has changed in your course, you may be able to restore some of your overwritten content from the beta or test instances of Canvas at your institution.  If this is something you might be interested in looking at, I would contact Support (see How do I get help with Canvas as an instructor?) or a Canvas administrator at your institution. 

All the best--- 

View solution in original post