Admins: What are your schools' plans for learning in 2020-2021? Are you changing your teachers' requirements and expectations of Canvas usage in order to meet those needs?

rpsimon
Community Contributor

This message is specifically for those of you who are Canvas Admins.  NYC Mayor Bill DeBlasio has just announced that NYC public schools will be having "Blended Learning" as part of their instruction.  Some students will attend school several days a week while others will learn remotely, and vice versa.  I work in a private school, and while we are planning for all students to attend school five days a week, we still need to prepare for all possibilities.  Now that we have had full online learning during the past few months due to COVID-19, it's a good time for us to reflect on what worked, what didn't work, and what changes need to be made in order to improve future distance learning.  In addition, Blended Learning will be a bit of a different scenario than what we experienced during the past several months.

I know that in my specific situation, I have encouraged teachers to use New Quizzes (as opposed to paper and pencil quizzes) which they did successfully, the Discussion Tool, and other features.  What I am wondering now is what kind of changes and requirements we will need to make if we do have a Blended Learning situation?  I am not referring to hardware and software in the classroom; rather I am referring to changes and expectations of our teachers in using Canvas.  There are so many features in Canvas that my teachers have not used in the past; and because of COVID-19, and push come to shove, they finally did.

What are your thoughts on requirements of teachers in Canvas in regards to Blended Learning?  Thanks!

0 Likes