Do the classes get added to the dashboard by the teachers or student?

Jump to solution
cgw3855
Community Novice

My son only has 2 classes so far on the canvas dashboard. He is missing 4 classes on the dashboard. Do the teachers add the classes to the dashboard or is the student supposed to? What do I need to do to get the missing classes added?

Thanks for your help.

Andrea Warner

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @cgw3855  (Andrea)...

Depending on how your son's school has things configured in Canvas, courses in Canvas may be set up automatically.  For example, at our Technical College, our courses are initially set up in our Banner SIS (Student Information System), and then those courses are transferred over to Canvas so that students and instructors can be enrolled in them.  Other schools handle things manually.  It's really up to the school on how they choose to set up their courses and enrollments.

The one thing I would highly recommend is to reach out to your son's school to someone in the Registration department, the school's local Canvas administrator, or someone at the school's Online Learning / eLearning department.  They would be the best ones to help determine if your son does or does not have access to the courses he needs in Canvas.  It may be that he simply needs to be added to the courses that are missing.  But, that would be something that someone at your school would be able to help you with.  We here in the Community don't have access to your son's Canvas environment or the course(s) he is taking.

I hope this helps a bit, Andrea.  Please let Community members know if you have any other questions about this.  Thanks...take care, stay safe, and be well.

View solution in original post

0 Likes