AnsweredAssumed Answered

Problems with Peer Reviews

Question asked by Kendall Dunkelberg on Sep 14, 2015
Latest reply on Mar 1, 2017 by Jaap Stelpstra

We're having problems with peer review assignments in one of our courses. When the professor creates the assignment, everything appears to be correct. She assigns a due date and peer reviews to be assigned automatically. The peer reviews should be distributed when the assignment comes due, but that doesn't happen.

On her first assignment, it worked as advertised. On the next three assignments, students don't get assigned peer reviews until she goes in and assigns them manually. I've reviewed these assignments and cant see anything different about the settings. I do the same things in my class with some of the same students, and we're not having a problem. I've asked our tech guys, but they can't find an answer either.

Does anyone know what might be going on?

There are 5 students in the class, and each should receive 4 peer reviews. The assignments are submitted online as files (.doc or .docx formats).

Initially she set a time to disburse the peer review assignments, but after I told her that I left the field blank so they would be assigned when the assignment is due, she's done that. Neither setting seems to have helped.

Is there some other place where peer review settings could be messed up? I have designer role in that course, so I can't see the back end, but I can ask my tech guys if I know what to tell them to look for.

Outcomes