Release Cycle Management

Jump to solution
shane_ohara
Community Champion

Hi everyone,
My institution is new to Canvas. We are piloting with a small cohort this fall and begin rollout to our colleges in waves this spring with a full implementation for summer 2016. I am attempting to learn how other schools/colleges are disseminating the 3-wk release cycle new features, fixes, etc. to their community. Any tips & tricks that you have found to work well would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Shane

1 Solution
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@shane_ohara ​, here's a great discussion on a similar topic - Re: How do you distribute information about updates in Canvas among your faculty?

For my Institution I go through the release notes and mark down the ones that are going to impact our faculty (or students) the most. These are the ones I share in an email targeted to faculty using Canvas. In this email I also include links to helpful information (guides or video if it's a new feature or a big change) and the link to the release notes. When we were just getting started with Canvas I encouraged faculty to subscribe to the release notes themselves so that way they'd be on top of things.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post