AnsweredAssumed Answered

Student Outcome Report doesn't match course outcomes

Question asked by Tracey DeLillo Expert on Sep 22, 2015
Latest reply on Sep 23, 2015 by Tracey DeLillo

I have been trying to better understand Outcomes, and I noticed that when I try to see the Outcome report for a student in a particular course, it lists a large number of outcomes - not just those in use in that course. Here's an example from an English course - I am masquerading as the instructor (to make sure the issue isn't related to my admin rights), and I click on a student in the People tab, then click on "Outcomes for [student]". This is what I see:

And that is just a small portion of the list. It is obviously pulling in more outcomes than have been imported into the course, but not all system outcomes [EDIT: It might actually be pulling all of the root-level outcomes. It's a very long list]. Perhaps the outcomes that are in use in rubrics across all courses?

The How do I view the outcomes results report for an individual student in a course? guide does not address this, although it implies that you'll see the outcomes for that student for your course (or maybe I'm reading into it what would make sense to me).

So my question for the Outcomes experts is, is this expected behavior, or a glitch in our Canvas environment, or a glitch that others are seeing as well?

Outcomes