Faculty development group or area?

Jump to solution
clcavana
Community Contributor

Hello,

I facilitate a campus-wide "Teaching Online Series" for Indiana University. The series focuses on instructional design and best practice within the Canvas LMS. There has been some talk about creating a cohort for all faculty who go through the series. Additionally, my unit is talking about opening something like this up to wider audiences (for example, sharing to Canvas Commons as a public resource). Where is the best place to start this discussion or see if there is interest in the Canvas Community? Is it possible to begin a Faculty Development group in the Canvas Community so that our faculty members have more exposure to the wider community? I'm interested to hear what others think or advise. Thank you in advance!

1 Solution
biray
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

If you go to Join Groups​ main page, you will see that a group related to ​ (or faculty development) has been suggested. It's gaining some traction amongst the community. I encourage you to vote it up and see if there may be a way to create a more general public group in the community to a team of folks dedicated to teaching/training on Canvas.

What  @anthonem ​ is referring to is if you want a private group in the Community dedicated to your campus/your faculty. Then you'd have to reach out to your Canvas Admin (who would then reach out to your CSM --- or if you're the Canvas Admin, you can reach out to your CSM directly) Smiley Happy

Hope that helps! Smiley Happy

View solution in original post