Can student groups be used for peer discussions?

Jump to solution
bcarlson
Community Novice

Our English teacher would like to use the peer reviews feature of assignments in Canvas.  She has her students in groups already and wants each group member to be able to peer review the work of the others in the group.  This can be done by setting up a manual peer review and assigning each person in the class the 3-4 members of the class that are in their group.  Just for a class of 20, this gets to be a great deal of clicking, click on the drag down, choose the right student.

Can the student groups part be used in a peer review were the assignment from one student can be reviewed by the other members in the student's group without all the labor in the manual peer review setup?

Thanks.

1 Solution
clong
Community Champion

Hi Brian,

The peer review feature in Canvas is not "group savvy" so it doesn't include the logic to give peer reviews to a group to do. I think what you described in using the manual process (with a lot of clicking around) is the best way to accomplish this at this time in Canvas.

However, I think this would make for a great feature in Canvas. I did a quick search in the Canvas Feature Ideas​ space and have not found any active ideas like this, so for now I think the next step would be to submit your idea there and post a link back here to it so if others come to this page they can quickly click on it and continue the conversation there.

View solution in original post