AnsweredAssumed Answered

Assignment Groups & Course Sections

Question asked by Kristyn Kidney on Sep 27, 2015
Latest reply on Mar 9, 2016 by Brave Williams

How do you weight assignments differently for students in multiple sections of the same course? I am having some difficulty with this and not sure how to proceed.

I have two sections of a course, one for graduate level and another for undergraduate level. Most of the assignments are the same. However, I have a few that have been separated into individual assignments that are assigned to each section. So, for example, Assignment A has been created twice as AG and AU, one for each section. Each assignment has been assigned to the appropriate section.

I then setup assignment groups so that I can weight all my assignments. So, in the above example, AG is in Group 1 and AU is in Group 2. The problem I am incurring is that the assignment groups are showing up for all my students regardless of the course section. This causes my weights to exceed 100%. Again with the example, Group 1 should only appear for the graduate students because only graduate students are assigned to assignment AG and Group 2 should only appear for the undergraduate students because only undergraduate students are assigned to AU. But instead, Group 1 and Group 2 show in the gradebook for an individual student causing the weighting to exceed 100%.

This is a rather complex scenario and I am not sure how to resolve the issue. I hope I have explained it well.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Outcomes