Questions about External Tool placed in User Navigation area

Jump to solution
hagimotk
Community Novice

I'm posting this in Developer group, since I can't seem to post anywhere else...

We have an external tool ("Our Own Tool") that is placed in the User Navigation area, and in the New UI, it is hidden under an extra layer. 

In the New UI, when I click on "Account", this is the list of menu items I get:

• Settings
  • Notifications
  • Files
  • ePortfolios
  • Logout

In the Old UI (which we're still using in production), when I click on my name at the right-top corner, this is the list of menu items I get:

• Home
  • Notifications
  • Files
  • Settings
  • ePortfolios
  • Our Own Tool

"Our Own Tool" is missing in the New UI, and one actually has to click on one of the menu items (other than Files) to get to a second set of menu items to get to the original list that we see in Old UI, plus the extra Logout link and our own tool appears under Logout.

• Home
  • Notifications
  • Files
  • Settings
  • ePortfolios
  • Logout 
  • Our Own Tool

So here are my questions.

1. Why do we need an extra layer of account menu?
  2. If we must have this extra layer, why can't "Our Own Tool" show up in the first list?  Instead, users must click on one of the menu items to get to our tool.
  3. Is there a tool config needed to make "Our Own Tool" show up in the first menu items list?

Thanks!

Kumi

Labels (1)
1 Solution
gtaylor
Community Contributor

Hello Kumi,

Seth​  < wrote some Javascript as he says <> some JavaScript to hack it into being😞

He posted it here.  As well as this topic is up for vote to have this or at least the user_navigation adjusted.

check it out.

View solution in original post