We will be implementing Canvas next year and I’d like to hear any thoughts / experiences from anyone who has used group ePortfolios. We currently run a flipped classroom model with students completing a series of activities before class. During class, they complete group activities and complete a number of worksheets in class. We’d like to limit the amount of paper that is used to cut down on the administrative workload and encourage students to use Canvas to create a portfolio of their group work. There will be approx. 112 students in the class and each class is split into 16 groups of 6-7 students. We would look at creating Groups within Canvas which are made up of the 6-7 members. I’m interested in feedback from anyone who has used Canvas in this way. It would be great to know
- how it was received by students, levels of engagement etc
- whether you had them bring their devices in / supply devices etc
- the impact it had on your workload
- the types of activities you used
- how you ensured equal contributions from students etc.
Thanks in advance for your feedback.