AnsweredAssumed Answered

Assigning a quiz to one group

Question asked by Heather Garcia on Oct 14, 2015
Latest reply on Oct 14, 2015 by awilliams

I would like to have a course where all students need to complete a final assignment, but only some students (who didn't meet certain prerequisites) have to take a few quizzes before they can submit the same final assignment. Is there a way for me to assign the quizzes to a group of students, aside from listing all of the people individually in the "Assign to" field? (The number of people in the "assign to" field would likely exceed 100, so this workaround would be far from ideal. It doesn't seem possible, but I'm hoping someone in the community has a brilliant workaround.

I looked into using sections, but that won't work because sections aren't designed to "hide" content from some students. I also looked into differentiated assignments, but differentiated assignments are used to create assignments, graded discussions, and quizzes for individual students, sections, or all students, but NOT groups. ALSO, quizzes can't be assigned to groups anyway.

I see two potential feature requests to make this situation much more workable:

1. Allow instructors to assign quizzes to groups.
  2. Allow differentiated assignments for assignments, graded discussions, and quizzes to be assigned to groups.

Workarounds? Thoughts? Do these feature requests exist?

Thanks!

Outcomes