AnsweredAssumed Answered

Rounding problems in formula questions.

Question asked by John P Mullen on Oct 16, 2015
Latest reply on Oct 25, 2015 by James Jones

There are actually two problems involving rounding errors in Canvas formula quiz questions that I'm dealing with at this time.

1. If a student enters an answer that is a little off due to a rounding error, the answer is marked wrong. However, I would like to give partial credit to such answers because they indicate the student knows the process, but not the way to round or rounded too much at an intermediate step. At this time, I'm doing this manually. It would be a great help if I could specify to canvas Canvas to automatically award partial credit for an answer within a certain tolerance, along with full credit for answers that are completely correct.
  2. Canvas sometimes rounds incorrectly. It would be helpful if I could edit the generated answers to correct incorrect results, rather than have to check each student's attempt to see if they got one of the entries with an incorrectly-rounded answer. This would also be useful to enter in formula questions for which Canvas cannot compute correct answers, such as the probability for a normally-distributed random variable.

Outcomes