I wonder if you might be able to give me a little bit of help on a ‘fun’ activity we are planning here at the University of Hull in the UK. We hold regular informal technology based learning breakfast events, when a member of staff showcases a piece of technology they use in their teaching practice. The TEL team do the Christmas one and this year we would like to include a short quiz on Canvas that staff attending will complete in Canvas.
My request concerns some possible questions and/or facts about Canvas and/or Instructure. I would welcome suggestions, though bear in mind the staff attending will have devices with them so need to make using internet to find the answer not too straightforward.
I have come up with following questions so far, but other suggestions would be great.
- Why does Canvas use a panda?
- The name of the company supplying the Canvas platform is called Instructor. True/False
- Where is the Instructure global headquarters located? Salt Lake City
- Approximately how many Canvas users are there? 18 million
- Whereabouts in London are the Canvas support team located? Kingly Street
- In what year did development of the Canvas platform begin? 2008
- Which of the following UK Universities use Canvas? Birmingham, Reading, Southampton, Winchester
- Which is the oldest iOS operating system required for the Canvas app? – 7
- Which technology is used for the Canvas conference tool? Big Blue Button