AnsweredAssumed Answered

Canvas gradebook - adding multiple assignment groups to a percentage group?

Question asked by Julie Kilbride on Dec 10, 2015


Hi!  I teach a course where there are weekly quizzes in which the lowest grade is dropped.  I put these in one assignment group and use the "drop the lowest x" feature.  Then there are tests.  The weekly quizzes after the lowest grade is dropped are added to the test grade, and that all together is 70% of the course grade, the other 30% is lab.  Is there any easy way to get the canvas gradebook to sum assignment groups like this, and then assign them summed group a percentage?  For this course I could just calculate the individual percentage of each group, but this ends up with a repeating decimal in this case, and gets even messier if I'm teaching another course with more grading subgroups.

Outcomes