AnsweredAssumed Answered

Rubrics and Repeated Assignments

Question asked by Eleanor Sommer on Jan 5, 2016

Just as someone mentioned that it should be easy to schedule instructions for repeated assignments (beyond "cut & paste"), it should also be easy to change a rubric that appears in more than one assignment.

If, for instance, I assign a bi-weekly essay, I should be able to instruct Canvas to put the same instructions into 8 separate dates.

Likewise if I develop a rubric for that assignment and then want to change one part of the rubric before the class opens (or even during the class if I find that students are not responding well to a part of the assignment), I should EASILY be able to tell Canvas to globally change that rubric for those assignments.

And even more important, Canvas should allow me to globally attach a rubric to assignments to begin with, without needing to go to each separate (but repeated) assignment and request that rubric.

Canvas requires a lot of repetitive work that makes using it a chore. As an adjunct, I do not receive compensation for setting up my courses, so I would prefer to concentrate on content rather than cut-and-paste exercises.

Outcomes