Providing digital access for your students in the classroom, at home and even from mobile devices isn't always straightforward or affordable. Hardware limitations, changing technology, budgets and wear-and-tear inflicted by young learners can make chronic headaches for administrators.
How are you building and keeping a digital learning environment for your teachers and students? We'd like you to please take a moment to post your experiences, frustrations, successes, failures, advice and warnings as a aid to districts looking to find solutions and avoid pitfalls. In particular, consider addressing these topics:
- Device options (what to look for, what to avoid, how to score a deal)
- Equipment for teachers
- Budgets and funding solutions
- Providing tech support
- Facilitating digital access after class hours (at home and elsewhere)
- Obstacles, workarounds and fixes
- Programs and policies (1:1 devices, BYOD / Bring Your Own Device programs, etc.)
- Planning for the future
As you exchange thoughts, we invite you to create lasting connections with staff in other districts who can serve as partners and mentors.