AnsweredAssumed Answered

"Use this rubric for assignment grading" BUG

Question asked by Ramune Braziunaite on Jan 31, 2016
Latest reply on Apr 14, 2016 by Erin Hallmark

The check mark "Use this rubric for assignment grading" does not stick. It disappeared from over 15 discussions I have set up for my online class. To be able to use rubric for grading, I need to go back to edit the rubric. I already had to do the edit once to have it stick in the first time when I set up discussions. This bug has been there for as long as I am using canvas. Now, the bug goes one extra step. Instead of allowing me to edit the rubric and check the "Use this rubric for assignment grading" again, it says I can not edit the rubric since it has been used, and it creates another version of the same rubric. Sometimes it suggests I delete the rubric. Sometimes, even after I manage to check "Use this rubric for assignment grading" it still does not stick, so just trying to fix 2-3 discussions, I now generated 6 versions of the same rubric. I opened a ticket to report this. The tech support says this is not a bug, it is a feature and if I do not like it, I should make a feature request. Anyone else has a problem with this?

Outcomes