Assign a Survey as a Team Assignment?

Jump to solution
mpd
Community Novice

Is it possible to assign a Quiz/Survey as a Team Assignment?  I would like to only have one submission per student group.

1 Solution
kblack
Community Champion

Hello  @mpd ​.  The short answer is "no."  What you are describing is what many of us in the community hope will be a feature in the not-too-distant future, as outlined here:  .  What I might recommend, however, assuming you have already taken the first step of creating your student groups (more here if you have not: What are Student Groups? ) is to create each separate survey you wish to have and assign it to individual students, as outlined here: How do I assign a Quiz to an individual student or course section? .  (I realize the topic title is "quiz" rather than "survey," but it's essentially the same thing.)  Those individual students should be the specific group leaders that you wanted to originally take the survey.

This will work best if it is an ungraded survey, by the way, because if it is for credit you will pretty much have to create yet another differentiated assignment for all of the other students so that you have another column to record their grades in.  (That's because for a differentiated assignment you will not be able to record grades for the people who did not take the survey; those columns are blocked out in the gradebook.)

I hope this all makes sense!  I'm sure others in the community may have different ideas to implement a work-around for what you wish to accomplish.

View solution in original post