I work with eLearning Support at The Ohio State University and am noticing something odd happening with the re-upload submissions button. I'm not sure if this would be a Canvas Support question or if someone in the Community might be aware of what's happening here (or something I could be doing differently).
Here's my process and result:
- Navigate to Grades.
- Click Download Submissions from an assignment column.
- Click the down-arrow from the column and see Re-Upload Submissions button as an option. Do not re-upload submissions.
- Leave the gradebook, but remain in Canvas.
- Navigate to the assignment page and see Re-Upload Submissions button as an option here as well. (So far, so good, right?)
- Navigate back to Grades.
- Click the down-arrow of the same assignment column.
- The Re-Upload Submissions button has seemingly vanished from the list of options.
I've double-checked the Canvas Guide, which shows Grades as the first option for re-uploading submissions: How do I upload all student submissions for an assignment in the Gradebook? and have confirmed the re-upload submissions button vanishing when I complete this process with two Test Student accounts and a real student.
Does anyone have any thoughts as to why this might be happening?
Thank you in advance!