AnsweredAssumed Answered

Easy way to see details for a differentiated assignment?

Question asked by David Woods on Feb 7, 2016
Latest reply on Feb 28, 2016 by James Jones

I have a semester long activity where each week a specific student has to create a new discussion with an article we discuss in class, and another student is assigned to post a summary of the in class discussion.

To help students know when they are on the schedule for posting an article or summarizing a discussion, I've created two assignments with different due dates for each student in the class (Canvas calls these differentiated assignments).  Since the actual activity takes place in the discussions, there is no submission for these assignments.

However, I can't find an easy way to see which student is assigned to a specific day.  If I view the assignment, I can see the due dates and the number of students assigned, but not their names.  I can also see this on the calendar, but again no names.  The different due dates also show on the Syllabus page, but again with only the number of students assigned.

The only way I have found to see the actual student names is to go to actually edit the assignment.

Is anyone else doing something similar?  Am I missing a obvious place to look for the details (without having to edit the assignment)?

Thanks!

Outcomes